Race Judicata 2020 is a 5K Run/Walk
The race benefits Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Foundation in our mission to ensure that the law works for everyone. This is the 26th anniversary of the run and we are looking forward to making this year the biggest and best ever!
Race Judicata is now on twitter! Just use the #racejudicata hashtag to catch up on the news or to join the conversation yourself.
Date: Due to the spread of COVID-19 and in compliance with National and State reccomendations, Race Judicata 2020 has been canceled. We look forward to seeing everyone in 2021.
Price: $40 registration until August 7, $45 Aug 8 until the event
Online registration closes at 4 PM on September 6th.
Not interested in running? We would love to have you as a volunteer.
Race Judicata 2020 is not your average 5K. The scenic course loops participants from Southern Lincoln Park along the Southern Lagoon next to Lake Michigan and back, where they are greeted by a great band, free beer, wine and snacks.
All proceeds from Race Judicata go to the general operating costs of CVLS. Join us this year and continue the important work of ensuring that the law works for everyone, not just those who can afford it.
DATE AND TIME
August 20th, 2020
Bag Check and Race Day Registration | 4:30 p.m.
Registration Closed | 6:00 p.m.
Runner Race Start | 6:30 p.m.
Walker Race Start | 6:40 p.m.
Course Cutoff | 7:00 p.m.
Award Ceremony | 7:45 p.m.
DOGS, BIKES, JOGGING STROLLERS, ETC.
In order to provide the safest and most enjoyable race environment possible dogs, bikes, baby joggers and strollers, in-line skates, skates, scooters, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs) are not allowed on the race course until after the walker start time and the course has been cleared of other participants. All baby joggers and strollers must be completely outside of the starting area until all runners have crossed the starting line. Dogs are allowed within the tent area but must be leashed at all times. Any animal that shows agressive or disruptive behavior (i.e. excessive barking) will be removed from the event.
- Race Judicata will run rain or shine. In the case of lightning or other "severe" weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears, or cancelled altogether.
- There are no standing scheduled "rain dates" for events owned and directed by Chicago Volunteer Legal Services. In the case of significantly inclement weather (i.e. thunder or electrical storm, tornado warning/watch, heavy rain, etc.), we reserve the right to alter components of the event or course to address safety concerns, or potentially delay or cancel the event. In addition, it is possible that while we desire not to cancel the event, our facility and/or municipality may force the cancellation of the event.
- In such situations, there will be No Refunds of entry fees. Each athlete must accept any such risk of their entry fee. Monies collected have already been used to develop and produce the event. We promise to make every effort to produce a fair, safe and exciting event. Any decision made to go forth with the event is contingent on the overall event and course safety, and is made collectively with local risk management, police, fire & rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate.
- We reserve the right to withhold any obstacles to maintain a safe course for all runners.
Individuals may collect their materials on the following days:
- Saturday, August 15th, time 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Potbelly, 3424 N. Southport
- Sunday, August 16th, time 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Potbelly, 3424 N. Southport
- Wednesday, August 19th from 11:30 until 6:00 PM at CVLS, 33 N. Dearborn St., Suite 400 *Please note that you will not be able to pick up your materials individually if you are registered as a member of a team numbering 10 or more, or if your specified team has rented a tent.
Teams may collect their materials on the following days:
- Wednesday, August 19th from 11:30 AM until 6:00 PM at CVLS, 33 N. Dearborn St., Suite 400
Registration will also be available during pickup hours.
The first 5,000 registrants to attend packet pickup will receive a goody bag and race T-shirt.
Participants will be placed into the following categories for both men and women: Under 20; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70 and over.
Fastest Male and Female overall determined by being the first to cross the finish line after the gun, with all other categories based on chip-timed results. Overall winners and fastest lawyers are not eligible for awards based on age group.
Awards will be given to the top three men and women overall and the top male and female lawyers. There will also be awards for the top 3 men and women of each age category.
To reach the start/finish area from the Loop, travel north on LaSalle Drive until you reach Clark St. The field is just east of Clark St. and runs parallel to the road. To get closer to the field via car, travel north on Clark, then a soft right on Lincoln Park W. You will immediately take a right on Dickens Drive, and another immediate right on Stockton Drive. From there travel south on Stockton Drive until you reach the Chicago History Museum Parking Lot. The field is located just east of the parking lot.
Chip timing ensures fast and accurate results. A small, lightweight chip that uniquely identifies athletes as they cross the start and finish lines is located on the back of all runner bibs. The chip must be worn for the entire event. Timing chips are disposable and do not need to be returned after the race.
Split times will be available on the course. Water will be offered at the start, finish, and on the course. The course will follow the same route as USATF certified (IL-09119-JW).
April 17, Early bird sponsorship deadline.
May 29, Sponsorship deadline to be included on printed materials.
July 17, Tent rental deadline.
July 31, Last day to register at the reduced rate.
August 7, Last day for sponsors to supply goodybag items.
August 14, Online Registration Closes at 4PM
August 15, Individual Packet Pickup (Potbelly, 3424 N. Southport, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
August 16, Individual Packet Pickup (Potbelly, 3424 N. Southport, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
August 19, Individual and Team Packet Pickup (33 N. Dearborn St., Ste 400, 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
August 20, Race Day!!!