- This event has passed.
Seminar: Representing Detained Immigrants in Bond Hearings
Please join us via Zoom to learn how to represent detained immigrants in bond hearings. This exciting, limited-scope pro bono opportunity is perfect for volunteers who wish to advocate for immigrants but might not have the time or experience necessary for more complicated cases of longer durations. Clients who are represented at bond hearings have much greater odds of release, which also increases their chances of finding counsel and successfully defending their underlying immigration case. This training will teach you how to effectively advocate for a detained client at a bond hearing, and help the client return to his or her family, job, home, and community. CLE credit of 1 hour will be offered.
CVLS-AILA-NIJC bond cases are:
- A limited scope opportunity for the purposes of the bond hearing ONLY.
- A short-term time commitment–average time commitment is roughly 5 hours.
- Short in duration–a few weeks max, normally with only one court hearing.
- Perfect for all attorneys—no experience required!
- Conducted remotely if requested.
May 18, 2022 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
1.5 Hour CLE (estimated)
Presented by: AILA Immigration Attorneys