Race Judicata 2023 is not your average 5K. The scenic course loops participants around Lincoln Park along the south lagoon path, up to the Diversey Harbor, and back, where they are greeted by a great band, free beer, wine and snacks.
All proceeds from Race Judicata go to the general operating costs of CVLS. Join us this year and continue the important work of ensuring that the law works for everyone, not just those who can afford it.
DATE AND TIME
August 31, 2023
Bag Check and Race Day Registration | 4:30 p.m.
Registration Closed | 6:00 p.m.
Runner Race Start | 6:30 p.m.
Walker Race Start | 6:40 p.m.
Course Cutoff | 7:00 p.m.
Award Ceremony | 7:45 p.m.
DOGS, BIKES, JOGGING STROLLERS, ETC.
In order to provide the safest and most enjoyable race environment possible dogs, bikes, baby joggers and strollers, in-line skates, skates, scooters, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs) are not allowed on the race course until after the walker start time and the course has been cleared of other participants. All baby joggers and strollers must be completely outside of the starting area until all runners have crossed the starting line. Dogs are allowed within the tent area but must be leashed at all times. Any animal that shows aggressive or disruptive behavior (i.e. excessive barking) will be removed from the event.
- Race Judicata will run rain or shine. In the case of lightning or other "severe" weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears, or cancelled altogether.
- There are no standing scheduled "rain dates" for events owned and directed by Chicago Volunteer Legal Services. In the case of significantly inclement weather (i.e. thunder or electrical storm, tornado warning/watch, heavy rain, etc.), we reserve the right to alter components of the event or course to address safety concerns, or potentially delay or cancel the event. In addition, it is possible that while we desire not to cancel the event, our facility and/or municipality may force the cancellation of the event.
- In such situations, there will be No Refunds of entry fees. Each athlete must accept any such risk of their entry fee. Monies collected have already been used to develop and produce the event. We promise to make every effort to produce a fair, safe and exciting event. Any decision made to go forth with the event is contingent on the overall event and course safety, and is made collectively with local risk management, police, fire & rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate.
- We reserve the right to withhold any obstacles to maintain a safe course for all runners.
- Race Judicata will be following all publicly recommended COVID guidelines as prescribed by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events. Click here to view the current guidelines.