CVLS’ new pro bono program pairs decedent’s estate attorneys with pro se parties in Cook County’s Probate Court.
Probate Court Assistance Program (PCAP) volunteers provide pro bono representation to low-income individuals referred by Probate Judges and screened by CVLS. Clients include people who filed a decedent’s estate but can’t proceed on their own and clients who don’t know what to do when a relative dies owning a home. Volunteers litigate estate cases or find extra-judicial solutions to marshal family assets, saving time and headaches for the clients and the court.
We are currently looking for new volunteers!
- Online training materials, sample pleadings and forms
- Screened cases
- Online research
- Malpractice Insurance coverage
- Free accredited live, webcast and on-demand CLE seminars
- Access to our online case management system
- Unlimited access to CVLS' Loop office, including workspace with a computer and telephone, docketing, clerking and reception*
*COVID19 restrictions currently in place. Appointment required for onsite access.
- One-on-one personal help from CVLS' experience staff attorneys
- Immediate client contact and courtroom experience in a safe, controlled setting
- An opportunity to learn new skills and master new case types
- The GOOD FEELING that comes from helping those in need