Presenters: Rebekah Rashidfarokhi, CVLS Director, Guardianship for Minors
Credit: 0.50 hours
Presentation Date: August 9, 2017
Please watch the training video above if you are attending a CVLS clinic on Guardianship for Immigrant Families for which there is no prior attorney training, or if you are unable to make the training before the clinic. Attorneys who have attended a training on this topic can also watch this video for a refresher.
Recent changes to federal immigration policy have created an immediate need for pro bono services for Chicago’s undocumented immigrant population. In this training Rebekah Rashidfarokhi, Director of CVLS’ Guardian ad Litem Program for Minors will go over the options to help undocumented immigrants fearing deportation or detention create safety plans for their families using statutory short-term guardianships. Short-term guardianships do not require a court appearance, take effect upon the occurrence of a specified event such as deportation, and can be executed or revoked at any time.
FORMS AND TEMPLATES
- Appointment of Short-Term Guardian (English)
- Appointment of Short-Term Guardian (Sample)
- Appointment of Short-Term Guardian (Spanish)
- Disclaimer Form for Guardianship Clinics
- FAQ - Guardianship and Immigration (English)
- FAQ - Guardianship and Immigration (Spanish)
- FAQ - Minor Guardianship (Attorneys)
- Intake Form for Guardianship Clinics
COLLEGE GUIDE SERIES FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS
If you have any questions about the content of this seminar, you may contact Jessica Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org.